We have long-standing collaborative relationships with the Department of Veterans Affairs and many other healthcare providers. This provides our company with access to the best support that you and your loved ones can receive.
If you’re a veteran in need of home modifications due to injury, age, or any other mobility-related issue, we would be honored to help you. We have partnered with several programs that provide funding for home alterations to support veterans living in place, including:
- Special Home Adaption (SHA) grants
- Specially Adapted Housing (SAH) grants
- Aid & Attendance and Housebound Pension
- Home Improvement and Structural Alteration (HISA) grants
- Veteran Directed Home and Community-Based Service Program (VD-HCBS)
As part of our assistance for veterans, we connect you to resources that will help you complete the application process for these essential veterans benefits.
Veterans Aging in Place
Most veterans, like any other senior, prefer to live as independently as possible. This necessitates a safe environment that meets their needs while enabling them to perform their day-to-day routine with dignity.
- On their own, aging veterans account for almost 20% of seniors.
- More than four million veterans live with a disability or injury.
- Of almost 50 million Americans age 65 and older, about 9 million are veterans.
For aging veterans, living independently typically requires specific home modifications (and sometimes repairs). These alterations will take into account the individual’s specific health challenges. Examples can include:
- Entry ramps, widened doorways, and other accommodations for wheelchairs
- Replacing door knobs with lever handles
- Grab bars in important locations (i.e. bathrooms)
- Building entire additions to existing homes
A number of programs exist to assist veterans with funding for these essential modifications. With this assistance, aging, injured, or disabled veterans can stay healthy, safe, and independent at home. To learn more, call All Access at (215) 769-1500 or contact us online using the form on the right today!